(TITC) - Procedure for foreign vehicles to Viet Nam
- The people driving left side steering wheel used cars under 9 seats, left side steering wheel used home-cars and motorbikes to Viet Nam for tourism purpose must contact with international tour operators of Viet Nam to complete approval procedure. The necessary documents include: passport (or alternative documents) with the validity of at least 6 months since the date of entrance, visa, valid vehicle registration certificate, suitable driving license. Specifically, valid certifications about engineering and environmental protection are required for cars.
- Within 3 working days since the full receipt of valid documents from international tour operators of Viet Nam, Vietnamese Ministry of Transport would issue document on approving or disapproving (specifying reasons) for foreign vehicles to Viet Nam.
Regulations for foreign vehicles when taking part in traffic in Viet Nam
- Following guide-vehicles with logo or symbol flag of international tour operators of Viet Nam.
- Taking part in traffic in the allowed routes and time according to the regulations in the approval document on foreign vehicles to Viet Nam of Vietnamese Ministry of Transports.
- Obeying law of road traffic of Viet Nam and taking the requested documents to complete procedure to Viet Nam, valid civil liability insurance certificate of vehicle’s owner in Viet Nam and temporary import certificate of the vehicle.