Tree Stories

Thoi tiet
Ban do
Giao Thong
Giao Thong

Danh lam thang canh
Di tichoval1.gif (476 bytes)
Bao tang
Le hoi

Chi dan du lich
Khach san
Nha hang
Quay Luu Niem
Giai Tri

Ngan Hang
Dien thoai can thiet
Buu Chinh Vien Thong
Giao Thong

 

Royal Library

Tbinhlau_Dthiduong6.gif (12785 bytes)

The royal Library is the pavilion where the Emperor came for reading and resting.

In 1821, by order of Emperor Minh Mang, a building was erected west of the Thieu Phuong Garden (Garden of Lingering Aroma) ,called the Tri Nhan Mansion (Mansion of Intellect and Mercy). It was later improved and renamed Thanh Ha Thu Lau (Writing Pavilion) by Emperor Thieu Tri, and then, by Dong Khanh for another building known as the Royal Library.

 

Capital City:

- Dynastic Temple - The Mieu
- The Flag Tower
- Royal Library
- Royal Theater
- Noon Gate
- Throne Palace and Great Rites Court
- Hien Lam Pavilion
- Nam Giao Esplanade
- The Nine Dynastic Urns
-
Hue Citadel
- Pavillion of Edicts
- The Nine Holy Cannons


Tombs
Historical Vestiges

This pavilion, elaborately decorated with ceramic mosaics, faces a square-shaped pond with a lovely rock-garden. Left of the pavilion stands the Tu Phuong Vo Ngu Pavilion (Pavilion of No Worry) and right of it is the Hoa Nhat Thu Truong Gallery (Gallery of the Nourishing Sun).Tbinhlau_Dthiduong2.gif (14204 bytes) On the left of the Bat Phong Pavilion (Pavilion open to Eight Directions) is a small structure called the Luc Tri Than Thong Belvedere and on the right is the Than Tu Room (Morale Improving Room).

North of it is the Luc Giac (Hexagonal) Pavilion with Trach Trung Tasist Temple (Temple of Just Conduct) on the left. In front of this temple is the Duc Vien House (House of Full Virtue). Bridges and galleries are together connected, lakes and ponds smoothly flow into one another in a very poetic scenery.

The Royal Library was the only monument left undamaged in the Forbidden Citadel after the reoccupation of Hue by French troops in early 1947.