Quoc Hoc High school was founded in order
to train those who would serve the feudal colonial government, so in the study curricula
then, French was the main subject. The conditions of the students accepted by Quoc Hoc
- The sons of the King's relatives.
- The sons of royal families.
- The mandarin's sons.
- The students of Thanh Nhon school and Quoc Tu Giam school.
In 1915, when the decree annulling Emperor ancient exam in the
province and the ancient exam of the capital in the North was issued, Quoc Hoc High school
was rebuilt. The rows of thatch roofed apartments were torn down and replaced by two rows
of buildings, the walls made of brick, the roof covered with tiles. It was solid, and
comfortable according to the western European architecture. Most of the architectures are
In 1932, the school opened many
specialized classes and its name was changed into Khai Dinh Lycee. During the resistance
against French Colonialists on December 19th 1946, the school was moved into two places
and followed the resistance.
- One branch: the 1st stage with the name
"Binh Tri Thien school" was situated in Huong Khe, Ha Tinh province.
- The branch of 2nd stage school with the
name "Huynh Thuc Khang school", was situated in Duc Tho, Ha Tinh Province. The
branch returned to Hue after ten years of interruption, and was occupied by colonialists
as a barrack on April 29th 1955, the school was restored and has resumed normal operation.