pagoda is located at 100 Bach Dang street, Phu Cat district, in Hue
It was built by King Thieu Tri in 1844 on the platform (5,000m2)
of his old residence, where he was born in 1807.
The pagoda was constructed on a large scale, but was badly damaged
during the successive wars. In 1889, Bonze Tam Truyen was granted
fund by King Thanh Thai to restore the pagoda, but once again, it
was badly damaged during a storm, in 1904. The present construction
was made in 1953. The pagoda includes a main sanctuary with two
statues of the Eight Vajra Deities. Behind the pagoda is a
guest-room and a kitchen. In the courtyard stand a stele house and a
bell tower. The two-storey entrance gate is topped with Dhamma
Located between Dong Ba and Gia Hoi bridge, the pagoda attracts many
Dieu De was the third site listed by King Thieu Tri in the 20 beauty
spots of Hue.